School holidays are a chance to ditch the routine, get out and about to enjoy some fun! There are loads of activities on around the Central Coast for both visitors and locals. So if you’re looking for something fun to do, read on!
Swim @ the Pool
Gosford Pool and the Peninsula Leisure Centre are running Inflatable Fun this school holidays as part of the standard pool entry! When: 21 September to 5 October From: 11 am to 2 pm Inflatable Fun is suitable for good swimmers aged under 18. For more information check out the details on Facebook.
Explore @ the Rockpool Ramble
The Central Coast Marine Discovery Centre operates Rockpool Rambles during the school holidays. Held at Bateau Bay, the Rockpool Ramble offers the opportunity to join in a guided tour and be a marine biologist! The tours are only $3 for a child and $5 for an adult. There are a five tours available throughout the school holidays. For more information check out the Central Coast Marine Discovery Centre events page.
Our soldier crabs are on the move this morning at the #centralcoastmarinediscoverycentre #ccmdc #marine #crab #marineeducation A photo posted by CentralCoastMarineDiscoveryCtr (@ccmarinediscoverycentre) on
Join in some Bingo! fun at Gosford RSL. As part of the Kids Stuff! program at Gosford RSL, kids bingo will be held twice a week during the school holidays. When: Tuesday Sept 22 & 29 Sept and Thursday Sept 24 & 1 Oct From: 2.00pm Cost: $5 for 10 games. Kids must be accompanied.
Be a Lego Master Builder
Bricks 4 Kidz
Bricks 4 Kidz have a school holiday program for kids aged 5 – 12. The workshops are staffed by trained and screened BRICKS 4 KIDZ® instructors. Workshops are stocked with specially-created BRICKS 4 KIDZ® models designed by engineers and architects, LEGO® games, and have plenty of time for creative play. Children will work and play with LEGO® Technic pieces such as gears, axles, electric motors and more! Workshops are held at three locations across the Central Coast:
Erina Heights Scout Hall
Minions On Holidays | 1/2 Day School Holiday Workshop | Tuesday 22 September | 2pm – 5pm | $45 including GST Monster Mash Up Fun Day | 1/2 Day School Holiday Workshop | Wednesday 23 September | 2pm – 5pm | $45 including GST Remote Control Mania | 1/2 Day School Holiday Workshop | Thursday 24 September | 2pm – 5pm | $45 including GST
Kariong Community Hall
Teenage Mutant Brick Turtles | 1/2 Day School Holiday Workshop | Thursday 1 October | 9am – 12pm | $45 including GSTKincumber Library
Wyong MacDonalds Workspace
Minions Go Bananas! | 1/2 Day School Holiday Workshop | Thursday 1 October | 130pm – 230pm | $45 including GST
Discover the Program at Gosford and Wyong Libraries!
Gosford and Wyong libraries both have wonderful programs of activities during the school holidays. Activities range from Science Fun to Washi Tape Creations and Origami and arcade gaming.
- Tues 22 Sep – Kings of War goes Sci-Fi, Lake Haven Library 9-14yrs, $3 per child
- Tues 22 Sep – Girl Power, Lake Haven library 11-13 yrs, Free
- Wed 23 Sep – Story Time Craft, Lake Haven Library 3-7 yrs, Free
- Thur 24 Sep – Springtime Craft, Toukley Library – 5-8 yrs, $2 per child
- Fri 25 Sep – Cartoon Workshops, Tuggerah Library – 5-10 yrs, $2 per child
- Mon 28 Sep – Sean Murphy Comedy Show, Toukley Community Hall 10+ yrs, $2 per person
- Tues 29 Sep – Springtime Craft, Bateau Bay Library 5- 8 yrs, $2 per child
- Tues 29 Sep – Lego Workshop, Lake Haven Library 8 + yrs, $2 per child
- Wed 30 Sep – Animals of the Rock Pool, The Entrance Library 5-8 yrs, Free
- Fri 2 Oct – Spring Jousting Tournament, Lake Haven Library 9-14 yrs, $3 per child
Theses activities are free to attend, limited tickets available, book quickly here.
- Mon 21 Sep – Stories at the Gallery, Gosford Regional Gallery, 6-12 years
- Tues 22 Sep – Creative Writing with Jess Black, Kincumber Library, 8-12 years
- Tues 22 Sep – Creative Writing with Author Jess Black, Gosford Library, 8-12 years
- Tues 22 Sep – Science Fun!, Kincumber Library (Sold Out)
- Wed 23 Sep – Washi Tape, Gosford Library (Sold Out)
- Wed 23 Sep – Accessible Game Arcade, Kincumber Library, 9-15 years
- Thurs 24 Sep – Lego Workshop, Woy Woy Library (Sold out)
- Fri 25 Sept- Accessible Game Arcade, Erina Library, 9-15 years
- Mon 28 Sep – Accessible Game Arcade, Gosford Library, 9-15 years
- Tues 29 Sep – Grow Harvest Prepare Eat, Kincumber Library, 8-12 years
- Wed 30 Sep – Origami Workshop, Umina Library (Sold Out)
- Thurs 1 Oct – Learn to knit with the CWA, Kincumber Library(Sold Out)
- Fri 2 Oct – Washi Tape, Umina Library
Cook @ Julie’s Place
Get into the bickie tin, play Charlie and the Chocolate Factory or learn how to surprise Mum and Dad by making dinner. Julie’s Place in Gosford has a ranged of incredible cooking classes for school students from Kindy to Year 12.
- Monday 21 September – Cooking for the Family- High School Students
- Tuesday 22 September – Pauly’s Pizzeria – Primary School Students
- Tuesday 22 September – Pauly’s Pizzeria – High School Students
- Wednesday 23 September – Bread Making Workshop – High School Students
- Thursday 24 September – Who’s in the bikkie tin? – Primary School Students
- Thursday 24 September – Thai Cooking – High School Students
- Saturday 26 September – Sweet Dreams Baking Class – High School Students
- Monday 28 September – Willy Wonkas Lolly bag Class – Primary School Students
- Monday 28 September – Chocolate Making Workshop – High School Students
- Wednesday 30 September – Sushi Train! – Primary School Students
- Thursday 1 October – Pizza pizza pizza! – Infant School Students
- Thursday 1 October – Mexican Cooking – High School Students
Where: Julie’s Place 370 Mann Street North Gosford Cost per class: $45. Book here.
The high school kids are here! #Juliesplace A photo posted by Julie Goodwin (@_juliegoodwin) on
Bike Safety Workshop
CARES Bike Safety Workshop is sponsored by Gosford Council. The CARES program is an interactive program, designed to develop bicycle road sense skills for school children in years 3-6. Presented by NSW police officers, the program includes general road safety information covering helmets, bike maintenance and other aspects of safe bike riding. This is a practical program that will be predominately held outdoors. All students will be supplied with a bike for use during the program, but will need to bring their own helmet for checking and fitting. Cost is $4 per child, payable in cash on the day. Places are limited and bookings are essential. To book, phone 4362 8340.
Create with Miss Kizzys
Miss Kizzy is a collective of creatives, glitter shakers and rainbow makers, headed up by Karen Orr. Located in Ettalong, Miss Kizzys has a wonderful program of school holiday workshops available. Be quick! Book by email: email@example.com
- Tues 22 Sept – Terrific Terrarium Worlds – Ages: 5 and up | 10am – 12 noon |$35 per session – max 10 kids
- Tues 22 Sept – Dream Catchers with miss kizzy |2pm – 4pm |$35 – Max 10 kids
- Wed 23 Sept – Tie Dye with Jo.B. Session 1: 10am – 12 noon $35 |Session 2: 1.30pm – 3.30pm $35
- Thurs 24 September – Mandala Making with artist Kelly Godfrey | 10am – 12 |$35 – max 10 kids |
- Thurs 24 September – Art tips and tricks with artist Kelly Godfrey | 2pm – 4pm | $35 – max 10 kids
- Tues 29 Sept |’Learn to draw you favourite animals!’ | 10am – 12noon |$35 – Max 10 kids
- Tues 29 Sept – Fimo Fun with Miss Kizzy | Make a wonderful piece of jewellery out of fimo |2pm – 4pm |$35 – Max 10 kids
- Wed 30 Sept – Batik Tie Dye with Jo B | 10am – 12pm |$35 | For more info and to book contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fri 2nd Oct – Fun with Felt with Jordan Howes of Hook and Knot |10am – 12 noon: | $35 | Max 10 kids
School Holiday felty funtimes with Jordon Howes of @hookandknot Jordon is one of those amazingly talented crafty types that can turn her clever hands to anything! She creates the most magical things that I sell in my store, crocheted cacti, jellyfish, donuts….. Jordon is coming to Miss Kizzy’s these school holidays to create felt balls, felt covered rocks and other felty goodness with kids. Fri 2nd Oct – 10am – 12 midday $35 To book: email@example.com More info at www.misskizzys.com.au #schoolholidayworkshop #thingstodointheschoolholidays #feltworkshopkids #kidscreate #make #kidsunplugged #centralcoast #ettalong A photo posted by Karen Orr (@misskizzys) on
This is just some of the great things to do this school holidays! Stuck for more ideas? Check out a bush walk, the Edogawa Gardens, the flying fox at Wamberal Playground or checkout what’s on at the Laycock Street Theatre.